No one wants to wear wrinkled clothes but ironing on a regular basis holds almost as little appeal. What’s the best way to remove wrinkles from clothes when ironing just isn’t an option? A quick spin in the dryer with a damp article of clothing can create the steam that makes wrinkles disappear. Learn how to remove wrinkles without an iron using these quick and simple tips!
How to Remove Wrinkles Without an Iron Using 5 Easy Hacks
Whether you’re on the go or simply unwilling to drag out the ironing board, there are multiple ways to achieve wrinkle-free clothes. From shower steam to a heavy book, these easy hacks detail how to remove wrinkles without an iron or a lot of effort.
#1. Remove Wrinkles in the Dryer
Your iron isn’t the only way to create the steam that makes wrinkles disappear. Your trusty dryer can double as a steamer with a little help from some damp clothing. It can also be an effective way to remove pet hair from laundry before washing.
Here’s how to remove wrinkles from clothes in the dryer:
- Dampen a small article of clothing like a hand towel or sock. Reserve the hand towel for removing wrinkles from heavier fabrics and a sock or washcloth for thinner fabrics.
- Set the dryer to medium heat.
- Run the dryer with the wrinkled and damp items together for 15 minutes. The heat and dampness should create enough steam to remove wrinkles.
Just be sure to use our stain cleaning guide to effectively remove stains before drying, as heat can cause some to become permanent.
#2. Use Shower Steam to Iron Clothes
Wondering how to unwrinkle a shirt when a dryer or iron isn’t available? Shower steam is easy and convenient. However, a few tips and tricks can optimize the shower’s ability to remove wrinkles.
Effective shower steaming tips:
- Reduce air leaks: Seal off the room as much as possible, closing the door and any windows. Use a towel to block off the space under the door.
- Place clothes as close to the heat as possible: Whether they’re on the shower rod or a nearby towel rack, place clothing as near the heat as possible without getting wet. Position the showerhead away from clothes so steam is directed towards them.
- Allow adequate time: Leave the shower on for at least 15 minutes for best results.
#3. Unwrinkle Clothes With a Flat Iron
Do you know how to get stubborn wrinkles out of clothes when steaming just doesn’t do the trick? A flat iron can work wonders on wrinkles in hard-to-reach places, like collars, cuffs, and hems. Just make sure it’s clean and free of any hair products that can stain fabrics. Avoid burning by applying only a moderate amount of pressure and move the flat iron quickly across the fabric 2-3 times.
#4. Make Your Own Wrinkle Release Spray
Knowing how to remove wrinkles without an iron can be as easy as a DIY wrinkle release spray. Simply combine cold water and a capful of liquid fabric softener in a spray bottle. Hang your wrinkled clothing and mist it with the spray. While the wrinkles should fall out on their own, speed up the process by smoothing them with your hand.
#5. No Steam, Spray or Heat? Remove Wrinkles With a Heavy Book
Knowing how to unwrinkle a shirt at work can come in handy when other methods aren’t available. Find a heavy book and place it on the wrinkled area. Use your body weight to apply as much pressure to the book as possible. Repeat until wrinkles are decreased, moving the book, as needed, to address all wrinkled areas.
The experts at Aviv Service today know how to remove wrinkles without an iron and perform any washer and dryer repair. Contact us for all your laundry appliance needs!